We place great emphasis in academic excellence and we offer places to students whom we believe will be sufficiently
able to access curriculum at MIS.
Kindergarten and Primary 2: The Head of Primary will meet your child and have an informal conversation with him or
Primary 3 – 6: We will look at previous school reports and assessments cover English and Mathematics and have an informal conversation. They take approximately 2 hours to complete and it will be conducted at the Admissions Office.
Secondary: We will look at previous school reports and assessments cover English and Mathematics and have an informal
conversation. They take approximately 2 hours to complete and it will be conducted at the Admissions Office.
You are required to submit the following documents:
Letter of Offer
- A Completed Application Form
- A Copy of the student’s Birth Certificate, MyKid / MyKad and a copy of parents’ MyKad (for Malaysian Applicant)
- A Copy of student’s Passport, Parents’ Passports
- A Copy of parents’ Marriage Certificate
- 4 Copies of recent passport size photographs
- A copy of most recent full school report and report from the past 12 months
- An Application Fee of RM500.00 per child (non-refundable). You may pay by cash or credit card.
- Student’s health record / immunisation
- Most recent exam results
- School Leaving Certificate upon acceptance by MIS
Once the assessment is complete, we will consult the Head of Mathematics, Head of English and Head of Primary or
Secondary to come to the decision about your child.
The outcome of the assessment will be one of the following:
Application to the Ministry of Education and Immigration Department Malaysia (International
- Letter of Offer to a successful applicants.Once a place is confirmed, we will send the Letter of Offer
by email, alongside the invoice and other information about the School.
- Re-sit for assessment. Before a place can be offered, further assessment is necessary for us to be sure
that we can cater for your child’s needs. We will contact you via email or phone to arrange for another
- Rejection Letter to an unsuccessful Applicant. If your child is not offered a place, we will send you a
An approval from the Ministry of Education, which will be applied by the Admissions Office is required before you can
proceed with the application for a Student Pass, if your child has been given a dependent pass.
We will impose the following charges:
Date of Admission and Making Payment
- Processing Fee to get approval from the Ministry of Education RM150.00
- Processing Fee for Student Visa, if it is done by the School RM150.00 and Government Stamp Duty of RM10.00
- Immigration Department Malaysia charges (Student Visa) will be based on the country of origin.
A formal offer will be sent to you via email including the invoice or a telephone call from the Admissions Office.
You will be asked for the payment of deposit, registration fee, plus any other payment and the enrolment date, in
order to confirm the place for your child.
Students are admitted once we complete the following:
- Satisfactory performance of the assessment, including the current school reference
- Confirmation of offer and acceptance by parents
- Student Visa has been endorsed (International Students)
- Payment of non-refundable admission fee and refundable deposit on or before stated deadline
WHEN TO ENROL YOUR CHILD
A child’s maturity and English language proficiency will be considered alongside their age. Typically, students who
complete UPSR in Standard 6 of the Malaysian Stream will join Year 7 at MIS.
We do not usually accept students into Year 10 as this is midway through IGCSE or O-Level.
In Primary, we expect children to follow the classes and ages indicated as below.